Kisiwa Technical Training Institute, registration number MOHEST/PC/1144/09, under the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology was formally registered as East Bukusu Kisiwa Youth Club of the Elgon Nyanza District on 27th November, 1961 by the Kenya Youth Club Association and the first Courses were; Shoe making, Carpentry and Masonry and the founder members were Domnick Wetang’ula and Sylvester Kituyi with the objective of preparing the youth for self reliance and employment. Over the years, the institute has gone through different phases: In 2006 it acquired an exam centre, on 7th December, 2008 the Technical Training Institute was launched and the first Principal was posted in May, 2009 (Mr. Sabulei K. Moses); First admission was done in September, 2009. Currently it has 38 TSC Lecturers, 92 B.O.M Lecturers and 59 workers and support staff. The institute is located to the Eastern slopes of Kabuchai hills in West Nalondo Location, Bungoma central sub-county. It is situated on Five (5) acres of land with Title deed. The student enrolment as per now stands at 2500 Students. The institution is managed by a board of Governors made up of the chairman, secretary, county director of education (TVET), and other seven professionals.